As you have already learnt the five keys in conducting an effective interview, you should now have a rough idea on some suitable questions to be asked to your candidate to know more about them. Following is a series of 33 questions which could be greatly helpful for you to implement in your interview SOP:
1. Please introduce yourself in 1 minute.
2. What attracted you to apply for this job?
3. Did you attend any other interviews?
4. Tell me about your last job: what did you do & what was your most important task?
5. What did you like most about your last job? And why?
6. What did you like most about your boss?
7. What did you dislike most in your job? And why?
8. What did you learn from your previous job, what is the biggest one, & what else?
9. (a) Do you know what you need to do to increase chances of success on the job?
(b) Do you know a good way for someone else to increase his/her chances?
(c) Do you find it easy to tell them, or you find it not so easy (tough)?
10. Why did you leave the last company?
11. What is your strength? What else?
12. What is your weakness? What else?
13. What is the most memorable event in your life?
14. What is your biggest achievement?
15. What is your biggest failure?
16. What do you want to achieve this year? What else?
17. How much do you expect to earn this year?
18. What is your minimum expenditure per month? What is the biggest expense?
19. Tell me about your family. What are they doing?
20. If you were hired, what can you contribute? What else?
21. How do you think you can contribute to the company’s growth?
22. What makes you more suitable compared to other candidates?
23. Tell me about a work situation that gave you trouble.
24. [sales only] Please demonstrate to me how you would sell ABC product.
25. [sales only] Can you please demonstrate how you do a cold calling?
26. [operations & support only] Can you please explain to me how the XYZ document is prepared?
27. [operations & support only] Assume I am your client, please demonstrate asking for a document.
28. Do you read any books in relations to business or sales and marketing?
29. Do you have any hobbies or interest in sports?
30. Who is your best friend and how would he describe you in one sentence?
31. May I contact him/her (your best friend) now?
32. What is your expected salary? Why?
33. Thank you for your time, I like you but I am not sure if you will meet my expectations. What is your say on this?